White bean chicken chili is full of all the fabulous flavors of regular chili, but lighter. With chicken, white beans, corn and green chiles, this recipe will not disappoint your taste buds. You can spice it up or down depending on who you are cooking for!
- 4 cups cooked, shredded chicken
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 4-ounce can fire-roasted diced green chilis
- 3 cans cannellini beans
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 3 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Heat oil in a stock pot over medium heat. Add onions and saute until soft but not brown. Add garlic, lower heat and sauté for one more minute.
- Add shredded chicken, green chilis, corn, beans, all spices, shredded and broth.
- Simmer for at least one hour. The longer you simmer, the better the soup.